It’s not just a place to sleep.
We provide a temporary home, a place for new beginnings.
Each of our residents is matched with a case manager who helps him/her navigate our 120-day Residential Program. Each resident commits to goals that will help them obtain stable income and housing.
We supply about 25% of the shelter housing available to families in the Denver area.
120-Day Residential Program Requirements
- Attend “Employment” and “Life Skills” class series
- Attend “Housing” and “Money Management” class series
- Regularly submit “Job Search” and “Housing Search” logs
- Regularly deposit earnings into a supervised, personal housing fund
- Meet regularly with Case Manager
Our Shelter Accommodations
- 48 beds for the Veterans program
- 126 beds for individuals
- 25 Family Rooms, for up to 100 children
- Women's Emergency Shelter for more than 225 women
Special Programs for Special Needs
We offer special programs that cater to the needs of families, singles, and veterans including:
- Individualized plans and life skills classes
- An employment center with computers and internet
- Faith-based classes
- Individual and family counseling (in coordination with our Regina Caeli Clinical Counseling)
- Parent-child connection groups
- School enrollment assistance
- On-site health care clinic
- Assistance securing benefits
- Fully stocked warehouse to provide clothing and personal items
- Legal aid
- Transportation assistance on a limited basis for those seeking work
- Motel vouchers for families who qualify
Stay Up to Date
Learn about how your involvement changes lives -- get issues delivered to your inbox 4x per year.
Samaritan House is a ministry operated by Catholic Charities, a 501(c)(3). Since 1986, we have helped people secure sufficient food and clothing, the ability to earn a living wage and affordable housing.